removing dashboard in 2000 ford f350

my interior is too plain and ordinary, so i gutted my interior except for the dashboard because of the passenger airbag, is there a way to remove and reinstall the dashboard without deploying the airbags? i just want to take the whole dash assembly out so i can dye it to match the rest of the interior and cant really leave it in cuz i wont be able to get in all the crevices with the dye

its a 2000 Ford F350 Superduty

help! my trucks in pieces!!!

Reply to
ms120987ms

Pull the battery and wait a day and they'll *probably* be discharged. I make no guarantees but since we don't read about people getting blown up by these things all the time they are probably not the ticking bombs we imagine them to be.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I'm sure a quick call to your Ford dealers tech department should let you ask what needs to be done to make the passenger airbag "safe" to poke around.

Reply to
Noozer