Renault Mégane 'stutter'

Don't know if anyone will be able to advise, but here's hoping!

Driving a 1996 Mégane (UK) which has recently started playing up a little. The car seems to run okay, but occasionally (normally when running from cold) the engine seems to stutter.

Mainly (although not exclusively) in 2nd & 3rd gears when the revs are relatively low, the engine sees to stutter and cause the whole car to jerk rapidly a few times before picking up again. It almost feels as though I've selected the wrong gear, although I've been driving it long enough not to now!

Any ideas what might be causing this? And/or how I might resolve it?

Mike

Reply to
Mike