GM 6 speed clutch fluid.

Hey Guys, I need some help. I have a 1 ton Chev. truck (2003) with a diesel and the Getrag 6 speed. My problem is that the hydralic fluid for the clutch is discolored and I want to change it. I cannot find a lower drain. I am assuming that it is to be filled with brake fluid. Thanks

I am assuming that it is water contaminated because the clutch pedal goes dead when there is a lot of heat down there. So I gotta do something.

Reply to
Ralph DuBose

Well, it should be under warrenty so couldn't you just make the dealer do it?

Anyway, normally clutch fluid is changed the same way brake fluid is: by bleeding. There should be a nipple on the slave cylinder. Suck the old fluid out of the reservoir, replace with clean fluid, and bleed away.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith

Shouldn't the warranty cover it? BTW, I'M interested to hear what your mileage is. Do you have the 8.1 or the DuraMAX? I'm looking at a new 04 2500HD Duramax with the same tranny.

KenG

Ralph DuBose wrote:

Reply to
KenG

I like to learn how to do as much as my own ma> > Hey Guys, I need some help. I have a 1 ton Chev. truck (2003) with a

Reply to
Ralph DuBose