Root cause insight into the common BMW blower motor resistor failures

it's drivel, not "dirvel".

as to your apparent feud, i don't know either you or jamie - i only read r.a.t and neither of you are regular contributors. i will say though that given my interactions so far, he's fine. you're not. and fyi, publishing someone else's personal details on usenet is seriously huge asshole behavior. you can be a retard and publish your own personals all you want, but someone else's is /WAY/ out of line.

Reply to
jim beam

even elevators lasting 80 years is pushing it for keeping old stuff around.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

You know it's very funny, what he does. He thinks it bothers me by him publishing my details in the manner in which he does. What he seems to be very ignorant about is his willingness to incriminate himself.

Have fun and enjoy his ranting, he's a real party popper.

Adios amigo...

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Yawn..............................................................

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Someone had scoped the whole board, and it was DC voltage everywhere (according to that reference). It's pretty clear there is no PWM.

The 16-pin surface mount chip seems to be a automotive temperature compensated voltage regulator with a huge voltage range, according to a lookup of the part number on it.

Here is the Elmos 10901D chip of my FSU as I cut it open today.

I wish there was a way to get rid of that heavy fibrous plastic goop! (What is that black fibrous tough stuff anyway?)

I have had good luck removing the stuff used on motorcycle voltage regulators that were potted soaking in MEK Methyl ethyl ketone (spelling?). Potent stuff. Use outdoors and keep your hands out of it. WW

Reply to
WW

I don't know what it actually is but at work we desolved a potted firing system for a boat motor with something called OCP. Really stinks. Don't think I would want it in a car after it was used.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

My electronic assembly company built the electronic control unit for BMC Chopper of Bend, Oregon. Now defunked. We used two-part black epoxy that took 24 hours to completely cure. When applied it was water thin. Had to prep the box with RTV to keep the potting from running out around the connectors.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn