Sebring reliablilty

I just bought a 1999 CHrysler Sebring convertible with 69,000 miles on it. I love the car and would like to keep it a long time but am concerned about Chrysler's reputation as not being a reliable car. This car has a small 2.5 Liter V-6 under the hood and a 4 speed automatic. I would appreciate any opinions about the reliabilty of his model or maybe some input from Sebrin owners.

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

Have the transmission flushed every two years, and a new filter installed. Synthetic fluid is better than non-synthetic, but you have to weigh the extra cost. Make sure that you get to see the old filter so you know that they opened the pan and swapped it out.

Also, regular oil changes. Again synthetic will last longer, but it's not necessary if you follow the manufacturers schedule.

Reply to
Noozer

Every Chrysler product I've ever had has been EXTREMELY reliable. The newest currently has 240,000 miles on it.

This

Well, that's a warning sign. The 2.5L engine is not built by Chrysler, its built by Mitsubishi. Mitsu engines, particularly the ones used in Chryslers but actually all of them, are notorious for turning into oil burners very quickly. They run forever that way, but you have to feed them a lot of oil and tolerate a lot of blue smoke. The 2.5 is probably the best of the lot in that regard, but its still a Mitsubishi.

Reply to
Steve