Leather seat care

I just bought a used 1999 Sebring convertible with leather seats. The drivers seat has some cracking and one small tear about one half inch long in it. I have treated the seats with leather conditioner from the auto parts store to soften them as I believe they have not been cared for. Is it better to take the car to an upholstery shop and have the small tear repaired, or just leave it and keep treating it with conditioner?

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Jest leave it.............

yer gonna need the money to fix the transmission with.

unless........

the previous owner has already done that... then....

by all means.......

go git yerself some new briches fer yer seats.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his mushroom tea......and ponders the essentials of "fact...not fiction"~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

As an addendum to my first reply...... or .....more honestly, an after thought.............

jest a few ........

~:~Random Thoughts~:~

:)

1=2E.....you purchased an 8 year old vehicle

2=2E....it has cracked seats.......

3=2E....A Sebring (mmmm).....no less

4=2E....now you ask for suggestions .... USING A WEB TV!!!!!!!!!

~:~continuation of Random Thoughts~:~

you jest pulled into the parking lot at the shop........

EVERY TECH.....in the shop jest asked to go to lunch early.

~~ oo L O

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his mushroom tea.....and wonders...... if you can take a joke....and wish's you well with yer new car, and suggests.....opening a dedicated bank account for it's memorial~

.=2E . .=2E .=2E

why??? .=2E. why??? .=2E. why.....am i be'n such a WHAT??? !!! ??? .=2E..

well never mind then...... .=2E..

ask someone with more than 30 years experience... maybe you'll get better results....

---------------

---------------

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Keep treating it with conditioner, either Lexol or boot oil or Leatherique until the leather softens up. It may take a dozen or so treatments with a couple weeks between them for it to absorb enough oil to soften up properly.

THEN once it is soft, you should take it in and have the tear repaired. If the leather is hard and brittle it won't stay repaired.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Well,they are putting computers in cars nowdays,why not webtv too? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin