New 2004 Sebring Convert.

Hi,

I just took delivery on a new Sebring Convertible. So, I guess I'll be hanging around this group now. I must admit I am a bit nervous about the Chrysler reliability issue. I hope that they have gotten better in the past years. I took a chance because it is now the only popularly priced convertible on the market.

Currently own a 1996 Honda Accord with 193,000 miles in excellent condition, and a 2001 Subaru Outback Wagon with 51,000 miles, condition, like new.

  1. One person on this newsgroup referred to the 2.7 engine as a "throwaway" engine". Is this engine trouble prone? What should I be aware of?

  1. Has Chrysler addressed their automatic transmission issues? I tend to keep my cars for a long time.

  2. My new car has 127 miles on it. Today, when I came up to a stop sign, the car stalled. It started right up and didn't do it again. Is this just a breaking in glitch or is this a problem with this engine/trans. combination?

  1. When I open the trunk and pull the cardboard away to expose the metal, there is a lot of "goop" smeared on the seams that is painted the same color as the car. The finishing inside the trunk and behind the convertible top (under the trunk lid, too) seems to be poorly finished. What is is this goop, and are all of the trunks like this? I thought that maybe the filler is from when the make the convertible and maybe they have to torch or weld part of the car especilly for the convertible.

  2. Are these convertibles manufactured as convertibles, or converted later by an outside contractor. (Chevy used to use American Sunroof Corporation for their converts)

  1. The original equipment Goodyear Eagle LS tires......are they any good? would a good road tire such as a Michelin or Goodyear Regeatta 2 give me a quieter ride?

Thanks for your advice you Chrysler experts.

Fred

Reply to
Fredisg

mic canic