The more you rev the less you know.

People who "tune" their engines by idling and revving them while fiddling under the hood, hoping to find the right sound, typically have a weak understanding of engine workings. They think they've got some primal knowledge that "book lernt" mechanics can't grasp but they're usually grasping at straws. "Duhhh, maybe if I shake this whatzit and jiggle this hoohaa I can smooth out my idle."

Most of the time they're just dumb white trash, noise-making, sleep-disrupting idiots. These cretins don't even want to own a modern vehicle that doesn't need constant (or imagined) fine tuning. You can't justify hours of gratuitous noise with self-adjusting timing.

It's no coincidence that these same people are always working on their cars because they never repair them right the first time. Sometimes the problem is nonexistent and they just want to be seen outside to impress the ladies or whoever with their mastery of carburetion. "I'm one with my car and you snobs don't even know what a plenum is!"

Good shade tree mechanics know that idling an engine is one of the worst things you can do to it, especially at high RPMs when it's cold. Whatever ails the machine is unlikely to get better by making a lot of racket and going nowhere. Most neighborhoods have ordinances against this noisy bullshit but they are rarely enforced.

F.W.

Reply to
Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

idiots. These cretins don't even want to own a modern vehicle that doesn't need constant (or imagined) fine tuning. You can't justify hours of gratuitous noise with self-adjusting timing.

What's the matter? Do you have a neighbor with a dirty shirt and greasy hands who has his unmuffled car backed up next to your trailer house and he's revving it up? Maybe he's stirring up a little dirt on your unpaved street and it's getting all over your holy underwear hanging out on the clothes line that the whole world can see.

Seriously, take a cold PBR out to your grease monkey neighbor and ask if he can keep it a little quieter during sleeping hours......

Reply to
Kruse

Fyi ... "Anonymous" is a troll ... just look where he/she/it has been the last little while ...

Reply to
bowgus

Exactly right Gus. He's like a comet that stops by every other century.

Reply to
Al Bundy