Timing Chain Or Belt

Have a 2008 Toyota Avalon XLS, 6 cyl. At the moment can't locate the owner's manual. Have been trying to find out if the car has a timing chain or a belt. Looking around, I've read many conflicting answers re-Chain or Belt and replacement mileage; 60,000 vs 90,000. Also, have not read anything with respect to "Time", for example, my Honda is 70,000 mi or 7 years for the timing belt. Anyone got some solid information or a link that has answers. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Goto a parts website that has a decent catalog, look up make, model, year, engine, and see if the parts catalog shows a belt or a chain. Rock auto's set up is probably easiest to use for this purpose.

Reply to
Brent

3 chains. One long main chain and one on each head.
Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks for the reply. Did finally locate the maintenance book. Not a word relative to a timing belt--obviously, because the engine doesn't have one. MLD

Reply to
MLD

Took your suggestion--went to "PartsGeek.com" and searched "timing chain" and got a picture which confirms another reply to my question--three chains-one big, two small ones. MLD

Reply to
MLD