Toyota Previa won't start

Hi - I am in desperate need of some help.

I have a 95 Previa LE/SC that I bought used about 3 years ago (99k miles). I has run perfectly, with regular maintenence and now has about 135k miles. It has most factory options - powered everything, theft deterrent system, factory CD/cassette/stereo ...

The problem:

------------ The lights were left on. The car was locked.

When we returned, there was a "buzzing/clicking" sound from the door. Opened the door with the key, but the automatic door locks would not unlock other doors. Turned off head light switch. Put in the key, tried to start - no lights came on on the dashboard - engine did not crank.

Turned off ignition switch. Returned with friend to try jump starting. Hooked up jumper cables - tried to start - again nothing - no lights on dasboard - engine did not crank. Left keys in ignition - but ignition turned off Checked jumper cable connectors Let battery charge a few minutes. Re-opened drivers door - door chime sounded - saw lights on dashboard. We attempted to start it with jumpers still attached - horn sounded one time. It didn't crank over. Turned key off. Tried to start again - everything dead.

What I've done so far:

---------------------- Called one mechanic and a dealership. Both suggested the keyless entry button - however that has only worked once in two years for me - the alarm system works fine though. (I think this is a factory alarm system: there is a dim red light in the middle of the top of the console and a rocker switch above my left knee below the dashboard marked "horn" and "Toyota".)

They also suggested a new battery - which I bought and installed to no avail.

Where I am now

-------------- Out of ideas! I came home and found this newsgroup! Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be?

My thought was that the alarm system had disabled everything - but how do I reset it if the keyless remote doesn't work? And where would I find the reset to try?

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Smith.

Reply to
Peter

replying to Peter, solexman wrote: I guess you have been able to solve this issue... I have the same on my 91's PREVIA. Would you be so kind to tell me what the solution was ? Many Thanks Regards

Reply to
solexman