What should I be expecting ?

I replaced the Ford VV carb on a 1.6 Pinto with a twin weber taken from a 2.0 Pinto Capri. (VV was knackered)

These are the details of the weber : WEBER 32/36 DGAV

MARKINGS ON BASE ASSEMBLY =

32/36 017503 DGAV -303

MARKINGS ON UPPER ASSEMBLY TAG= BRESSEL WEBER

77HF AD D3L 23

So this DGAV is jetted for a 2.0. But I haven't adjusted or re-jetted, but it seems to perform prefectly well on the 1600cc after a few weeks of road use. What expected problems SHOULD (have) be(en) present ?

If I wanted to jet this for a 1.6 how would I go about it ? off the shelf replacement parts ? Cost ?

Also... The mechanical fuel pump has been bypassed and a SU type electric pump is fitted in the rear of car. This worked fine with the VV carb, but the DGAV weber required plumbing of a fuel return line. So even when engine is off (ignition on) the SU pump ticks every 1.5sec due to a small amount of fuel being returned to tank, the speed increases slighty on engine idle. Will this SU (solid state replacement) pump continue to be happy with this constant (although very slow) running ? So far the pump is doing the job.

thx Stein

Reply to
brumfun

"brumfun" mumbled:

Weber's UK site. They'll have the information you need.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

jets are cheap, make sure everything is ok, an overhaul kit is only about £15 provided the carb isn't knackered. There's an anti stall valve on some of them that leaks sometimes and causes mayhem, and if you nail it everywhere, expect 20 mpg

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" mumbled:

Ah, the fabled LOVE valve. Sounds like something Barry White would have sung about...

#Woman lets get it on and do the love valve thing.

Reply to
Guy King

#Oh but I'm tellin' you now, babe, I ain't sleeping on no damp patch.

Sure, it doesn't rhyme but it's the feelin' that counts. :)

Reply to
Chewie

Marvelous - I did just this a few years back - within 3 months the capri became fully aerobatic and perfomed a 180 degree barrel roll :-) I had a slight problem with leaning out at high rpm - you could hear the onset of detonation, so I went up one size on the main jet of the big venturi.

Steve

Reply to
sro