Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up?

had to thread/unthread for a minute there, but I got what you meant. Now I'm LOL thanks for that, JB. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Tightening them to the same torque spec is indeed rational. Did you think the front should be tighter? Or the back? Maybe the right side? Right turns are tighter in the US.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Angel A. posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

They are "required" by the vehicle manufacturer because when the tire/wheel manufacturers QC their products the parameters are measured as part of this process. Thus the vehicle manufacturers have several less steps to perform while mounting tires to wheels in production.

Reply to
Tekkie®