Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan gauges gone wild!
Okay, this one's just weird! The day before yesterday, while my wife was driving our 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan, all of the dash gauges in the instrument cluster lost their mind and started clicking...
7
7

Freeware for the IPod Touch or IPhone for real time OBDII diagnostics
Does anyone know if there is freeware for the IPod Touch or IPhone similar to the REV that will provide real time diagnostics from the OBDII port? The REV is here but it costs money. Is there a...
1
1

99 Dodge Durango 4x4
Customer has a problem with it shifting out of overdrive when he slows down. Sounds like a sensor, but not sure which one. The TPS was replaced about a year ago. Any ideas?
6
6

Bushing Installation Question
I've finally begun installing the new bushings on my '88 Civic; this is a Prothane total kit which covers everything but the two large trailing arm bushings. One obvious difference between these and...
30
30

VeraSun to put 7 plants up for auction.
cuhulin
35
35

2005 KIA Optima 4cyl - Crankshaft Position Sensor and over-current sending to CPS
Hi...I have a 2005 KIA Optima 4cyl that is giving me, my mechanic, and now the dealer trouble. Long story. The car died on the road at about 15 mph...the tach just dropped to zero! Towed to...
9
9

1995 chevy blazer 4 wheel drive not engaging
ok i have a 1995 chevy blazer 4x4 with the 4.3L vortec engine. it has the buttons on the dash to shift to 2HI 4HI and 4LO. when i start it the lights al light up for the switch and then all go out....

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Electrical Problem
I'm having difficultly determining where the problem is in my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Symptoms: Engine RPM drops randomly while driving (typically this happens when I let off the gas or when the...
3
3

Bad junk in gas lately.
OK, I have seen this a few times lately to the point of one carb totally dissolved internally and wonder if anyone knows what's up. I am finding sand or salt shaped crystals inside the float bowls....
2
2

94 suburban real axle rebuild by eye
I blew and have to rebuild my rear end, First time i did it, I replaced the pinion and ring gear, over tightend the pinion and blew a bearing. Second time rebiult it,new bearings no damage to gears,...
3
3

Chevy 350 with a holly 4bb carb to much sucking air noise
I have a 78 chevy p30 with a 350, was having problems with carb so replaced with holly 4 barrel and 3 1/2 holly air filter the sucking air noise is just louder than was before anything i can do to...
1
1

chevy 350 timing
My timing mark is jumping 1-3 degrees back and forth will not stay on 0 is this a loose timing chain?
5
5

To Chas (m6onz5a) TSB Library Site
Hello, Some time back you were nice enough to send me a link to a library site that had, and one could view, automotive TSB's. Really helped me out a lot. The User ID and Password have apparently been...
4
4

What's the current recommend on batteries?
Who currently makes the best batteries for your car? I've finally kept a car long enough to wear out a battery I think - the 944 was not happy at all trying to start in the single digit weather we had...
55
55

WA State Auto Emission Codes
I have a 1997 Saturn SL1 and it had failed the emission test with two types of codes, I was wondering if some one could help explain what these mean. The first code is P0420 - Catalyst System...
6
6