Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Car won't start, TPS question
(99 Cavalier 2.2 auto) ... Which suddenly won't start. Cranks, has spark. No diagnostic codes. I haven't checked fuel yet (the pump does run), because I'm having trouble disconnecting the GD 'quick...
2
2

truck tires on a Ford Escape?
I'm thinking of getting a 2006 or 2007 Ford Escape. I'm not sure about the original Continental tires, so I might replace them with Michelins. I got very good service from a set of Michelin LTX tires...
3
3

Re: Palestinians Under Attack For Killing Jewish Babies
A faction of one Palestinian group, Hamas, decided to bomb Israeli civilians, and is now suffering he consequences from Israel, which, unlike Hamas, is trying to kill only the guilty. Israel has...

Small engine help!
Been working on this engine. Took the carb apart as others have said. Let it soak in mineral spirits and sprayed carb cleaner in passages. Used can air to blow out passages. Had a heck of a time once...
11
11

2001 ford ranger
Any major problems with motorized side rear view mirrors, i attempt to move them with the switch but no results motor blown or fuse? Thanks
1
1

cadillac seville sls 4.6 Northstar
How do I get the best results to get the air out of the coolant system, after replacing radiator, water pump and thermostat? Thanks
2
2

Crap Starters
I'm trying to find a rebuilt starter for my 94 Saturn. Every store I've gone to has these pieces of garbage with motors that are 2/3 the size of my old one and look like tin cans with a squirrel cage...
9
9

1996 S-10 Anti-lock light
I have a 1996 Chev.S-10 a few days I had to drive through some water puddles ,right after my anti-lock brake light came on when you hit the brakes the light goes off until you drive a short distance...
3
3

LED taillight question
Incandescent bulbs have a steady glow. When at night you're behind cars with incandescent taillights and you make your eyes scan quickly from one side to the other, the taillights will appear to leave...
22
22

Average MPG Indicator On New GM Cars ?
Hello, Have a new Buick, but imagine it's similar for all new GM cars. Re the display that shows the approx. mpg: There is a reset button that one can push. Is the mpg computed from the push of the...
1
1

Pressure Build Up in My '90 Acura Legend
My '90 Legend is building up tremendous pressure in the cooling system after , say 150-200 miles of driving (not all at once). It is also using coolant. The oil is squeaky clean as is the coolant...
13
13

Re: 41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG
In article , wrote: People who want a car that's comfortable, that works well for a long time, that isn't kludgy, and that is backed by a company that doesn't say "Fuck you, you bought it, now it's...
38
38

Ay, Chinese Caramba: Cheap Cars Invade Mexica
cuhulin

1983 Dodge van,
I bought last October.Looks to me like it has a catalytic converter.I don't know how old that converters is, (I am the second owner of the van) but I want to replace it with a straight through flow...
25
25