Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tire Question
Hello, New Buick came with Goodyear "Integrity" tires. Have never heard of them. Anybody have any thoughts as to how "decent" they are ? Good for winter on snow and ice (live in New England) ? Are...
44
44

Spark plugs indicate lean mix on carbureted V6
I have a brand new out of the box (not rebuilt) Holley 2280 replacement carburetor bolted onto a 1987 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 engine. The original was a Holley 6280, which is the feedback version of the...
27
27

C'mon Canada! THE WORLDS FASTEST SPORTSCAR FOR 30k USD!
Yes! It's Canadian. The WORLDS FASTEST SPORTSCAR Can-Am Ultima GTR for 30k USD is a true story!
2
2

So our Alero met the Curb
Hi guys So, first major snowfall in Co Springs. No salt trucks or plows so the roads were pretty slick. We were taking a corner, lost traction, and the left side of the car met the curb rear end...
8
8

Ping Nate
The new Cayman is really cheap right now. What do you think of them?
3
3

Battery overcharging (Ford Focus)
Friend has a 2003 Ford Focus. Last year he replaced first the battery -- thinking that was the problem -- then the Alternator, because, as it turned out, it wasn't charging. Yesterday, we took the...
15
15

Xantia alarm how do I disable Forever!
My m reg diesel Xantia last night decided to show me a red charging light and I just had enough battery power to get home!. I have charged the battery up but now I cant cancel the flashing dipped beam...
2
2

Blower fan (AC/Heat) doesnt work
I have a 97 Accord with 260K, the climate control fan doesnt work anymore on any selected fan speed. No noises, just silence. My assumption is a blown blower motor. I already checked the 40amp fuse...
5
5

Bushings Replacement Questions
Me again with my '88 Civic project. This question concerns replacement of the bushings - mainly, the two large trailing arm bushings. These were badly cracked (one was coming apart) and will obviously...
13
13

Caster Reconsidered
In: Doug states, at around :58sec into the video that caster has a lifting effect on the vehicle. I disagree. Just by tilting a coin back and forth along an axis diagonal to the table, the center of...
19
19

Forums Discussing Driving w/o Power Steering
I recently googled "driving without power steering" and came up with some pretty involved conversations about driving with power steering disable or entirely removed from the posters' cars! And I...
2
2

GOOD people needed
Do you want to hear story about young girl who lost her dad, he died, she is so sad. She lives with her greate mother who works hard to earn for food, and she doesnt know how to help mother but like...

2009 Buick: Radio Jumping Presets ?
New 2009 Buick The radio keeps leaving the Preset Number that I push. Plays just fine for about 15 minutes, then jumps. Always happens wherever I am. It's almost as if it seems the SEEK was pushed....
3
3

Is the Can-Am Ultima GTR Canada's sports car?
Reason is that the Can-Am Ultima GTR is the new fastest production car, but it's built in England and has American ties but a Canadian name. Is this a Canadian Car?
1
1

Caravan 3.3L compatibility
Maybe, The problem is that the 93 would have been designed as an OBDI vehicle and the 97 is OBDII. There are probably sensors, and ignition differences as well as fuel system changes as well.
3
3