Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel tank test
Sounds like he was using a smoke machine to test the EVAP system Many states now have that as an emissions test. This test isn't what they do for inspection though, it is what a shop does to fix the...
2
2

carrying fire extinguisher in car that you can't drill?
I run into no-drilling a lot. Try setting up a Fire vehicle with a light bar, two radios and antennas without drilling a hole.... I'm getting real good at finding factory bolts and holes to mount...
26
26

99 Nissan Maxima, automatic transmission fluid for power steering fluid?
I have a 99 Nissan Maxima at 130k. The power steering fluid has never been replaced. I went to the dealer to buy some power steering fluid, and they gave me a Nisan ATF fluid and insist that it is...
6
6

Does freeware OBDII automotive diagnostic check-engine code scanner exist?
Anyone know if Windows freeware OBD II onboard diagnostic scanner software exists?
5
5

nobody knows history?
on Speed right now, a BMW spokesman talking about the Z4's engine block... "BMW is the first in the automotive industry to use magnesium for a crankcase." Ummmm... really? Maybe he meant the first to...
7
7

bad smell in car from vandalism
A week ago vandals spread feces on my car's windshield. I used a pressure washer on it and have been through a car wash twice, but it still has a bad smell inside. It may have gotten into the air...
15
15

Purging Air in Cooling System on Acura
My 1990 Acura Legend is giving me a problem with the heater/cooling sytem. It seems as though I might have air in the system but I cannot purge it.When the car is cold, it takes almost 15 minutes to...
9
9

96 GM C1500 truck air filter never gets dirty
I have over 100K miles on this truck and have never had to change the air filter. There's some kind of fitting that is electronically controlled in the path from the filter to the engine but I cannot...
3
3

Buick Roof Strips/Inserts Moldings ? (2009)
Hello, Bought a new 2009 Buick LaCrosse recently. Never noticed it when I picked the car up, but one of the two metal strips/inserts moldings on the top of the roof (the ones running front to back) is...

98 Mercury Grand Marquis Worn Ball Joints Again
Three years ago (60,000 miles ago) I had my upper, and lower ball joints and outer tie rod ends replaced. Very expensiv job $750.00. I went back to my mechanic today to get snow tires and he told me...
15
15

where is weak link of quick cv boot
so what makes quick cv boot not work? is it the seal? the material? what is the mechanism of failure?
11
11

Free TSB Sources ?
Hello, Thanks for all the previous help. Great Forum. Are there any free online sources where one can view a complete TSB ? Not the one or two line summaries that come up when doing a Google search,...
5
5

LSD Question
LSD Question 1993 Buick Roadmaster 88k Mi 5.7L RWD Recently on acceleration, the right rear tire spins until I let off the gas a little, but this car has a Limited Slip Differential so that shouldn't...
4
4

Buick Dashboard Illumination Level "Flaky"
Hello, Have a brand new 2009 Buick LaCrosse. The dashboard illumination keeps changing. Sometimes quite bright, and other times very dim. Seems quite random, and am finding it hard to correlate the...

what will take to make Quick CV boot to work
I changed my axle on Ford 1984 Escort 1 month ago for driver side inner CV boot torn. Probably ran over something. One month later, it is torn again. Probably ran over something again. I am not going...
4
4