Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I open TrailBlazer radiator cap
Stupid as it sounds, how do I remove 2003 Chevy TrailBlazer radiator cap? Press down and then turn left? How hard do I have to press it down - 'till my thumb punches thru cap? TIA.
2
2

home body work, studded tires
When I have rusted holes, I use roofing felt to make a pattern, transfer it to sheet metal, cut it out and pop rivet it on. I live on the border of a state that bans studded snow tires, but in my...
2
2

Often people lie, when you ask where are you right now....
Often people lie, when you ask where are you right now.... Hey all, locate your required person by his/her mobile number. Its Global Positioning System. Google Earth will locate the guy.. follow the...
1
1

ford harness repair Taurus
I have a 97 Taurus which i did an engine swap in. 96 engine (2V) into a 97. come to find out the 96 engine harness was left on the engine and not changed. 97 engine is long gone now. The DLC obd2 pins...
1
1

Anchor plates for U-bolts that hold rear leaf springs to axle housing (why are left and right sides needed) shocks do not mount to anchor plates
Hi everyone, This is something I'm just curious about since it does not make sense. The four U-bolts that hold the rear leaf springs to the axle housing on a 91 Chevy K1500 pickup, work with removable...
9
9

Tube chassis with THIN wall thickness
Hi! I'm building a tube chassis out of square tubing with thin wall thickness. I chose this because I want the chassis to be as light as possible. Since the tubing is that strong and stiff, I will be...
1
1

front suspension
I am looking a for the front suspension components for a new 3 wheeler design. I need a front end that DOES NOT use Macpherson struts. Can anyone tell me which cars meet this criteria? Please cc my...
7
7

Electric-Assist Power Steering . . .
The biggest JOKE in recent automotive history? Your thoughts. -CC
9
9

Connecting battery jump cables the wrong way.
I am hearing different views on this... What happens if the battery jump cables (Camry 2003) are connected the wrong way? Will it cause major damage? Don't modern cars have built-in protection for...
11
11

1902 engineers meeting
On another thread, jokes about old cars reminded me of a publication I ran into last month. In 1902 the Pittsburgh society of engineers had a regular meeting, with Hiram P. Maxim as the guest of...
7
7

wiper linkage for 91 summit Eagle hatchback and ECU
I need used but working ECU for my 4cylinder Eagle Summit hatchback. IT has a mitsubishi 1.5ltr engine in it i believe and the old number on the old ecu is 390 and can't read the rest of it, but it...

Hold my beer....
Dont hold your breath on the flying cars. Regulations have all but killed the US small plane industry. Flying cars present an almost insurmountable exercise in economics, engineering, and licensing.
14
14

fuel leak
When I first found fuel leaking under my filler tube, I thought the tank/filler seal had failed, especially when the leak stopped at about half a tank. When it started up again, making burbling noises...
12
12

nissan maxima knock sensor problem
For over a year, the check engine light on this 96 maxima would turn on, then after whatever the requisite start/run cycles (40-50, 100, whatever), it would go out, then come back on a few weeks later...
1
1

How Much Does the Bed Weigh on a 1975 LWB Chevy Fleetside
Or, how many normal size guys does it take to move one around. I'm bigger than average, but my neighbors aren't ;-) I'm thinking about making a jig so I can use an engine hoist because I essentially...
3
3