Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem with wiper blades or windshield glass?
This is worse and worse with my 2001 Chev Impala. Using wipers when raining could make the windshield look even more blurred, making the driving on rainy days very tough. Maybe the wiper blades need...
22
22

Excellent website for free certification
Dear All, I have just seen my first free certification website - It offers certification in various I.T. and Non I.T. subjects like accounts, English, Maths, Java, Oracle etc., 1. You get free...

GM Dexcool AntFreeze ?
Hello, Have a '97 Buick LeSabre. As long as I can remember, they, being the dealership, and others, and the manual I think too, says to ONLY use GM Dexcool, and not the regular Prestone antifreeze...
15
15

Fogging windows
I have a 2002 Windstar Sport, 3.8L dual heat and A/C. On a recent trip through the Rogers Pass in a heavy rain/snow mix coming down, the only way we could keep the inside of the thing from fogging up...
36
36

Are winter wiper blades really necessary?
I live in north Missouri and we do have some rough winters I am curious if "winter" wiper blades really are worth the extra cost? If so, in what ways?
9
9

Wheel identification
I have a FORD slotted (10 slots) 14" steel rim with 4-lugs. I know it's a longshot, but does anyone know what ford vehicle this wheel goes to? Heck, it could be a Mercury, who knows. I have two of...
10
10

Technology Degrees at ITT Tech
Online Information Technology Degree Kaplan University official site offers online classes to enhance your career in IT, networking, programming, Web design and more. Accredited and approved. Request...

Chevelles
Anyone have experence with power disc brake conversion kits and if so what brand/type have you had good sucsess with (front brakes only)

1998 Ford Tarus blower motor not coming on. (Please help)
This summer my brother in laws Tarus air conditioner quit. To make a long story short after checking just about everything, I found a relay in the engine compartment was bad. It looked like the relay...
1
1

Which Aftermarket Catalytic Converter To Buy for Lexus es300?
I have a 97 Lexus ES300 with 114K miles on it. I have a CEL with P0420 code, catalyst efficiency below threshold. I have replaced the cat twice with aftermarket ones. In both cases, the CEL came back...
29
29

Cherokee safety switch bypass
The NSS on my Cherokee has been starting to act bad for quite awhile, a year probably, but I could always start it in nuetral. However the past couple of days it wouldn`t even start then unless I put...
1
1

Cherokee cooling fan trigger
Hello. What sensor or whatever sends the signal that makes the smaller cooling fan in a 1994 Jeep Cherokee come on?..There are 2 fans..The one on the passenger side is constantly on and the one on the...
3
3

Clutch replaced and now 9MPG?
My 99 Dakota had its clutch go out when I was 60 miles from home. Some small Clutch shop replaced it for $600. As I'm driving home, I can smell exhaust coming from under the truck when at a stop...
10
10

P0340 code on Ford 2.0L DOHC
Getting a P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor signal) code on a 1999 Ford Escort ZX2 (2.0L DOHC). The sensor was cheap so that's the first thing I changed out - no change. Did all the point-to-point...
8
8

Convert Gasoline Car Into An Electric Car
There are conversion kits that can make a gasoline powered vehicle into an electric car, but doing it is not an easy job...
2
2