Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nuts and Bolts
I'm going to have to replace a couple of nuts and bolts for my exhaust manifold and was wondering if it's okay to get the ones at the local hardware store(galvanize) as opposed to the ones I usually...
4
4

Knock sensor & retarded timing
Can a piezo crystal KS (91 Saab 900) pick up bad rod or wrist pin bearings, or are they (intentionally) outside the KS's frequency range? When rod or wrist pin bearings just start to go bad - not even...
1
1

Re: How to wire LED wiper lights?
Both wires go to ground. They'll be legal if wired my way.
50
50

Taurus Fuel Pump Issue?
Today my wife was driving our 01 Taurus and while she was stopped at a stoplight the car started shaking badly and when she left the light it had no power of kind of jerked and lunged about until she...
4
4

car painting $$
I've got a '99 frost grey Snaab that has minor scratches (through the clear coat) on both the right rear bumper and the right side of the roof. I took it to a body place and they were quoting me...

Calling for expert on Mazda B2000
This has been frustrating. I think I get this thing running well and it up and fools me again. Okay, the vehicle is a 1983 Mazda B2000. It has 234,000 miles. I have, so far, changed out all the...
1
1

Taking radiator out of 89 GrandAm to Mercury Tracer 88
guys, I've done something unusual. The radiator of my Tracer 1988 started leaking. Instead of buying a new one for $125, I took the one from a salvage GrandAm that I had for free and put it in the...
2
2

T-stat & thermo fan switch temp pairings?
The couple of cars I've owned have been set up like the following example: 89C/192F t-stat | 87C/189F - 92C/192F thermo fan switch (to turn on the cooling fans) Is the proper setup to have the thermo...
3
3

Windstar Vaccuum Hose
Hello, My 96 3.8 Windstar's HVAC is stuck on Defrost. I found a white vacuum hose in the engine bay that is connected to the intake manifold on one end and wasn't connected to anything on the other...

Re: Need help with ignition system problem
Well?What brand wires are you using?
6
6

Fuel System Cleaner - How long to take effect?
Used Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner on the advice of a friend to try to take care of a couple of problems: 1) engine felt like it was going to stall out when in Drive and "shuddered", and 2) when...
6
6

Re: 97 Caravan service lite On
Trouble code. Not adviseable until you determine the cause. Nope, not separate. The OBD2 protocols eliminate the need for periodic maintenance warning lights for the emissions system. Plug in your...

engine bore estimate
Hi! I was curious about how much it costs to re-bore an engine block, lets say 20 over, and a machine shop would charge per cylinder right?
5
5

Re: Car tail lights that aren't true red
Is there a range for the amber for the turn signals, too? One guy in our apartment block drives a new Saab, which has turn signals that emit almost white light. Chris
20
20

Re: Suspected Vacuum Leak
Harry, If I remember correctly, and anyone can correct me here, but if you take a can of carb cleaner and spray it around the hoses, connectors and such, if the engine idle changes dramatically, then...
3
3