Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

clutch/tranny woes
The manual tranny is my 93 explorer decided to die a couple weeks ago, so I had it rebuilt. Today I replaced the rear main seal (it was leaking) and put a new clutch disc and pressure plate on there...
4
4

BMW 740i electrical weirdness, reversed seat control
Hi folks, had to jumpstart moms '94 740i (open trunk) which was totally routine but now the seat control function is reversed...push forward seat scoots back...and the mirror dip in Reverse is...
5
5

should gas cans be air tight?
I just bought a gas container from lowes but I notice it really doesn't seal completely. If I hold it upside down a drop eventually forms. One of the parts has lip with a small bevel on its...
5
5

94 Taurus Antilock brake light
Hi all. I have a 94 Taurus GL 3.8 L engine. ABS 4 wheel disc brakes. (210,000 kms) 5 months ago I replaced all the pads (all four wheels) and the rear passenger caliper because it was seized. Last...

CODE H E L P PLEASE
I am getting 2 codes, they are 172 and 175. The book says Bank 1 and 2 are to rich. Now what shall I do?????? 96 Chev. 454. Thanks, Barbara
1
1

Re: Toyota W-Series Transmission Question
I spent some time at the wrecking yard yesterday, measuring and looking over the W56, and decided to abandon this project (too impractical for the knowledge I have). The bellhousing appeared to be...

adjust drum brake on Mazda?
I'd like to adjust rear drum brake on Mazda. 97 model right rear failed inspection and I'd like to fix as I am on budget and can no afford to pay for this service to be perform. Please inform me how...
2
2

Re: front caliper pins are different
Are you sure that only one of the pins has the plastic sleeve? Maybe the other one was left inside the housing. Just a thought
4
4

fixing tiny pits and scratches in windshield
Has anybody tried those glass polishing kits where you put the buffer on a drill and use Cerium powder?
2
2

Caprice/Monte Carlo HELM Manuals FA
Please visit my auction for HELM Service Manuals. Thanks.

why don't my wheels fall off?
Hello, I just repacked the bearings on my 93 ford ranger since I had to replace the disc brake rotors anyway. One thing really kind of disturbs me. The wheel seems to be held on by only the hand-ish...
14
14

Misfire
Hi i have a 1996 plymouth voyager van 2 wheel drive, it starts ok but when i apply the gas pedal it has a miss and when i am driving and step on the gas it has a miss. I scanned the trouble code which...
3
3

Anti sway bar question
Have 92 E 250 Ford van. Has front sway bar. When going through a dip (water drain on street) at a 45 degree angle, the back of van whips? sways?. Would a rear sway bar make this worst or better? TIA...
4
4

URGENT: Please help => Maintenance Required light came on
While i was driving on highway at constant speed of 70mph suddenly "Maintenance Required" light came on. I stopped the car and shut the engine off and restarted again but still maintenance required...
4
4

bad ECM? 87 GMC 2.5l
Hi group. I have an 87 GMC S15 2.5l. It is running lean. I scanned the data stream and saw some interesting readings. The one that concerns me most is the battery voltage. It is reading 0.0V KOEO and...