Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dodge Monaco -75 rear brake lights not functioning
Hi Problem with Dodge Monaco -75. Rear brake lights have stopped working. (Can not tell when, this is my fathers old car...) Anyway. Symptoms are as following: Brake light switch is working. Blinkers?...

Ford 460 V8 Water Pump Failures???
My parents have a 1988 motor home with a Ford 460 V8 in it. They drive it regularly to avoid typical component failures from sitting parked too much. However, they are about to replace the water pump...
3
3

Mechanics diagnosing or Abusing my van?
Hello, Can someone tell me if the incident below is normal procedure for identifying a bad motor mount? Or were these mechanics purposely damaging the motor mounts in my van? I think they were but I'm...
5
5

96 Subaru Outback - rear binding + AT Oil Temp flashing on start
I have a Subaru Outback, 1996. About a month ago, the vehicle started acting strangely - going around sharp corners resulting in binding in what feels like the rear of the vehicle, and when you start...
1
1

E4OD E40D Problems slipping shudder things you need to know before you do a rebuild!
E4OD E40D Problems slipping shudder things you need to know before you do a rebuild! I have been working on figuring out the E4OD annoyances for quite some time now and have a list things to do for...

Automatic seatbelts not working
The automatice seatbelts on my brothers Mercury Villager quit working. I suspect a fuse. Anyone know the loctaion of such Thanks Jim

GM3800 OBD1 issue w/ EGR codes
hello all- i have a problem i haven't been able to diagnose. i've got a '94 Lesabre with the L series 3800 that keeps setting an OBD1 code of 401 "Delta RPM linear egr flow failure" code i read off...
2
2

97 Dodge Caravan rear vibration
I have a 97 dodge caravan, 3.0L. Once we get up past 30mph, there is noise from the rear tires it sounds like, a vibration really. The vibration is based on speed and not necessarily engine...
2
2

97 Grand AM V6 dies intermittently
Hi all, I am trying to help a friend of mine to fix his 97 Grand AM with a 3.1L V6 engine automatic. The car ran fine till today with the exception of that it would sometimes need longer to crank the...
4
4

"Stumbling" 1990 Crown Vic
My venerable land yacht, the 1990 Crown Vic, is running a little rough lately. When coasting downhill at low speeds, it seems to buck just a little bit. Not bad, but noticeable to the driver. Also...

Carb question
Hi, I recently rebuilt the carb on my 67 F100 (Holley model 1940). It starts and runs fine with the choke fully closed, however it doesn't want to hold idle when I open the choke, even partway. I've...
10
10

GM Cavalier 3.1L/V6 MFI Station Wagen 1991, Check Enginer Light Lit while Driving
GM Cavalier 3.1L/V6 MFI Station Wagen 1991, Check Engine Light Lit while Driving, this has just started to happen recently. Normally, it happens about 10 to 15 mins after starting driving from cold...
4
4

Surging at Cold Idle
My 89 Ford E150 van with MPI 5.0 motor surges and will even die when started cold and in Park. By "surge" I mean it revs high for a couple of seconds and then down to a bad stumble and then high again...

Car Battery Tips
Top Ten Starting Battery Tips 1. Wear glasses when working with a battery, because it might explode. 2. Keep your non-sealed battery properly filled with distilled water and the top clean. The plates...

Re: How To Reset BMW Service Indicator?