03 Camry, mouse in cabin filter

I just changed the cabin filter yesterday and found a mouse nest on top of the filter. Can anyone tell me where the mouse gets in at? Last 2 Pontiacs I owned had mice get in to the blower fan, both times the entrance was through an A/C drain. But the A/c drain hose on the Camry looks small enough not to be the problem.

Reply to
JW

Small animals can get through unbelievably tiny holes. A lot of their "bulk" is actually fur/fluff/feathers. From the POV of a nesting mouse, a restricted approach route is a security feature.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

The wildlife folks say mice need a hole the "size of a dime" or more. Seems hard to believe

Reply to
timbirr

The A/C drain is a possibility. Insert a wire through the drain to keep mice from entering and invest in the services of an exterminator.

Reply to
Ray O

Sound like your parking the car where there are mice, do you have mice in your home, or garage? The reason I said that is you said your Pontiac's had that problem also. Could they be entering through the windows if left open in your garage, then getting into the heater system, or in throught the cowl vents below the windshield.

Reply to
twfsa