05 corolla rear tire

Hi,

Try to do tire rotation on 2005 Corolla CE but the rear rim are still 'locked' to the hub after unscrewing 6 lug nuts. Please advise.

KC

Reply to
chk

With the car on a lift or on jackstands with wheel chocks, use a rubber mallet to pound the wheel off. If you do not have a rubber mallet, place a piece of wood against the back side of the tire and pound on the wood. Be careful if you pound on the tire- you can break a belt or worse, have the hammer bounce back and hit you.

Corrosion makes the fit, especially around the hub, very tight, even more so with alloy wheels.

To prevent future occurrences, apply a very light coating of anti-seize or wheel bearing grease where the wheel contacts the hub and drum/rotor face.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray and I will try as your instruction but I didn't have similar experenice on other cars. ( ie accord / camry / escort )

Reply to
chk

Oh, and one other thing... put the lug nuts back on loosely so that the wheel won't go flying off if it comes loose.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

The rear rim is still "locked" to the hub.

Reply to
chk

2 more choices...

Take it to a Toyota dealer and ask them to remove it under warranty Loosen the lug nuts and take it for a very short drive, turning the car left and right.

Reply to
Ray O

Removed by the Dealer and it was caused by rust between rim and Hub. It quite surprised me that my car is only about 10 month old and the rust can be built up to create such kind of problem. I am glad that it was fixed before I need to replace it for flat tire.

Reply to
chk

It seems to vary with the model. I never saw this problem before my Mazda MPV. The rear wheels freeze on after 6 months.

Reply to
kgold