06 Camry

I am thinking of a 06 Camry with a v6 engine. I recently heard that there were problems with sludge with the v6 engines. Has anyone out there had any problems with sludge and what do you think of the car

Thank You

Reply to
mhodges
06 Camry is not affected. I'd be far more concerned about the fly-by-wire throttle system and the 5 spd automatic transmission shifts and throttle lags.

Reply to
Philip
07 model is around the corner..
Reply to
Bob H

no problems with sludge as long as you change the oil every 5000 miles. have an 06 and they have a "maint req" light that comes on at 4500 miles for about 10 seconds after you start the engine. then at 5000 miles it stays on. when you have the oil changed the dealer or you resit it. then good for another 5000 miles. the owners manual tells you how.

Reply to
Dave Dave

That problem was cleared up by 2002 by improving the crankcase ventilation system. Even in the years it was a problem, it usually didn't happen if you followed the recommended maintenance schedule.

I had the problem in my 2000 Avalon V6, but I bought it used and the previous owner (who was leasing) apparently did not change the oil and filter as recommended.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

How one changed the oil had nothing to do with what the cause of the problem that Toyota refers to a 'gelling.' The sludge was the result of a change in the head design, according to Toyota when the extended the warranty, on the effected engine , to eight years unlimited mileage. Not to worry however, the question of a 2006 have the problem is moot, since they essentially went back to using the prior head design on all engines installed after August of

2003.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I heard they bored, stroked & added a quart to the sump, ya damn top poster.

Reply to
FanJet

I have no idea where you may have heard that, I was simply reporting what was written in 'Automotive News,' ya damn bottom poster. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Sitting in my forty just having a cup When a big Impala comes driving up The man looked at me and started to grin He wanted to run it because he though he could win. Say man if you want to run it I know the place Its dark and deserted where you lose no face.

Headed on out to airport road Big Impala and my little forty Ford. Rolling on twenty do you understand? Just mash on the gas at the drop of the hand. See those tail lights going down the road Big Impala and my little forty Ford.

The man blew up his motor and he sure was shocked I thought you said that forty was nothing but stock. I run me a mill with a three-pump and a bowl Why even the Lake pipes are plated with gold. Like in sixteen tons you better step aside Cause me and that forty are flying high and wide.

Reply to
Registered User

Rental cars companies are terrible for maintenance. Several times I has a rental car with about 20,000 miles and from the color of the oil I'm sure it was never changed. They obviously just change it for resale, when some trusting car buyer believes their crap on good maintenance.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Reply to
Whatsup