1993 Toyota Tercel Dynamic Damper

It appears that the dynamic damper on the right hand CV half axle has broken on my 1993 Toyota Tercel. There is now a rather thich rubber loop (aboiut 2 inches in diameter) floating free on the axle between the CV joint boots.

My question is this: Is there any issue with leaving this alone? The only affect I can see is there is some rubbing on the CV joint boots, which will eventually wear through. This is a daily driver - I go about 10-12 miles a daily freeway to and from work.

In fact, I did not even notice the damper. the "oil change guy" noticed it.

Thanks

Gord

Reply to
gmcfadden2002

I would try a plastic wire zip tie to see if you can secure it in place.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, I think I am goig to cut the rubber ring off so it does not rub on the boots..... If it turns out badly, then I will have new half axles installed on both sides. The car is in fantastic shape and CV Joint boots do fail.

Gord

Reply to
gmcfadden2002