1996 Toyota Camry

I have a 1996 Toyota Camry. Recently the transmission went and a used Japanse Transmission was installed which had low km. I know get a check engine light P0770 Shift solenoid E or torque converter lockup circuit malfunction. The old solenoid was pressure tested and failed to hold 70psi. A new solenoid from Toyota was installed and the check engine light has come back on in the vehicle. What should I do next, inspect the wiring to and from the solenoid or could it be a problem with gum or residue in the valve body?

Reply to
johnny2

besides the engine light, what problem do you experience on your transmission?

Reply to
edv

When the check engine light came back on after the shift solenoid was replaced, did you check to see if the same trouble code returned? Are there any symptoms?

Try switching the shift solenoids within the transmission and see if the code changes.

Reply to
Ray O

Take it to a competent technician, who has the proper test equipment, and have it repaired, WBMA. When one buys used parts, they take their chances. Just like when one buys a used car. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter