200 dollars a barrel coming soon?

Just wonder when its going to happen... I have no doubt that it will happen.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

All the commodity gamblers need to do is invent a reason. How about "on fears of renewed violence in Iraq"? They've used that successfully 2-3 times in the past.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Of coarse. No matter how little we drive, the oil companies are always going to cut production enough to keep the supply low and the prices going higher.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

You need to read more. Start with "Sleeping with the Devil", author's name is Baer.

Reply to
witfal

Do you remember back when a question like that seemed crazy?

Do you remember back when Republicans were the fiscal conservatives?

We cut short term interest rates roughly in half because our deficits are so big that tax cuts can no longer stimulate the economy much any more. Ben Stein's father said deficits financed with loose money always resulted in inflation.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

So why did oil reach $10 a barrel back in late 1999, with gasoline about $1/gallon back then? At the time, articles in serious publications, like the Economist, speculated that oil would never go back up in price because new technology made it possible to find so much more oil.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It is time to write to your Congressmen and Senators, at lest once a week, to get them off their stupid asses and start drilling in the fast oil reserves we have in Alaska and in our territorial waters and to set a nationwide, three of four standard gasoline mixtures, before that happens.

Reply to
Mike hunt

I didn't know Congressmen and Senators knew how to drill oil wells. I thought oil companies did that. What about Congresswomen? Should they drill, too? Or just the men in Congress?

What four standard gasoline mixtures do we have now? Which three of them do you suggest?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, in order for us to drill in ANWR, it has to be aproved by the congess and President. That is why he is telling people to write congress.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

But, he is telling us to write to Congressmen and Senators to start drilling rather than approve drilling, which are two different things.

In addition, for some reason, he leaves out Congresswomen.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Now you're just adding clutter to the discussion, Jeff.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Having 20+ gasoline formulations is ridiculous, but there is no oil shortage, as evidenced by all the people driving alone in large SUVs and buying $4 Starbucks coffee. The US could import 70% less energy if people lived liked me, and I'm hardly scraping by in a hut.

Reply to
rantonrave

I'm living well under my means in my house that is way too big for me at

2200 square feet. I like renting out spare bedrooms and making extra cash though.
Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

You are doing things the right way. Good for you. Too bad we don't have more enterprising and intelligent people like you in our nation.

Reply to
The Henchman

you knew what he meant... you were just being an obnoxious dick

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

No, I don't know what he meant. What he says is so stupid, I won't guess.

If he wants to make himself understood, he needs to edit his words.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Surly you do not expect me to waist my valuable time proof reading my post, when there are guys like you that have nothing else to do but pick out a part in every post with which to disagree LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

Procreation is the easiest thing to do. You were programmed to do it. It's the only thing in life you didn't have to learn.

Reply to
The Henchman

The main house is 4400 ft^2, the house in back 1200, and we don't keep the thermostat up to save on A/C. High mass and zoning every room cut way back on energy usage.

Reply to
rantonrave