2003 Corolla: How to take out fuel lid?

I'm trying to detach the fuel lid and put a new one on (silly me, dented the lid while doing body work). The fuel door is held by two washer-like flat knobs with a dimple on the center. At first I thought it was a hex, but the dimple is completely round. I tried using a flathead to pry the washer-looking things out, but that failed. Can anyone provide me with detailed instructions?

Reply to
seafoodchowmein