2009 Corolla steering problem

My 2001 Prizm's body is showing it's age (paint peeling and a little rust). I am looking at a 2009 Corolla CE but I recall reading here
about the steering being a problem. Is there any new information about this? the car has electronic power steering.
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
On Apr 4, 5:51 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

For what it's worth, I haven't had any steering problems with my 2009 Corolla. I wonder if it's a common problem or if we just hear about the occasional lemon.
By the way, did you ever have any steering issues with your Prizm? With the original tires, my 2002 Prizm was catching the freeway rain grooves in some areas and moving all over the place. Sometimes it would oscillate so bad that I'd have to slow way down to stay in control. The problem mostly went away after the dealer changed the tires.
MadHatter asked:

I have never had any steering problems with my 2001 Prizm. The only problem was that the rear tail pipe hanger "let go" at two different times - the first while the car was still under warranty. The car is running well (59,700 miles) but I am concerned about body deterioration. Unless I get a really good deal I may wait for the 2010 model to come out. I thought I remembered reading in this group about someone having an unresolved steering problem with a 2009 Corolla.
---MIKE---