88 corolla hatchback

I recently got an old 88 toyota corolla fx from my grandparents. The car is in great shape (only has 80,000 miles!). The only problem is that when I open the tailgate it won't stay up. I keep an old broomstick back there to prop it up when needed. Any ideas about what exactly it is I need to replace so it stays up on its own?

Reply to
MelSuperstar

The tailgate lift supports are probably worn or leaking. You can get replacements at auto parts stores and change them yourself.

Reply to
Ray O

Hmmm...that's an indication this car is on it's last legs.

I'll give you $150 to take it off your hands! ;)

All kidding aside, these are great little cars. Nice score! Is it carb'd or fuel injected?

Reply to
Hachiroku