94 celica clutch

ok i was a dumbadd and had my car parked on a really steep hill... and ive neer been on one so steep so when i started my car i kinda screwed up i let the rpms hit 3500-4000 before i completely let off my clutch pedal and it smelled really bad... and it was slipping afterwards... now unless im really easy ont he clutch on takeoff it will start to slip a bit... i know it needs to replace... can anyone give my any ballpark figures for what it should cost and is i might be able to do it myself... ive done brakes and shit like that

thanks for any help in advanced matt

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

A clutch replacement is probably in the vicinity of $1,000 to $1,500.

Whether you can replace the clutch yourself depends on whether you know how to remove the transmission in a FWD vehicle, and have access to an engine hoist and vehicle lift.

Reply to
Ray O

Standard FWD celica or alltrac? Theyre fairly cramped under the bonnet so its known to be quit difficult to do an in-situ clutch change. TBH its likely the clutch was almost dead anyway - mine is 60K miles old and has put up with 5 or 6 5Krpm step-off-clutch launches at 12psi of boost without wheelspin and is still going.

You can pick up clutches for them on ebay, the exedy ones are fairly well rated and are somewhere around 250$ for you guys. Wouldnt take on a clutch unless youre fairly competent or the car is not needed for a while in case you have problems.

Coyoteboy

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

Free Beer AFTER the job is done....LOL