98 3.4 timing belt kit

I have a 98 4runner with 138,000 miles. The belt has never been changed. I do all the work on my other vehicles and would like some advice on what I need for the 4runner belt change. It there a kit available with all the goodies? I assume the belt, waterpump,idler pulleys and cover gasket are the needed items. Thanks for any advice or info ??

Reply to
Stude

I don't think there is a timing belt kit. You have to purchase the parts separately. You can purchase daily on line access to the factory repair manual at

It would probably be worth the $10/day investment.

Reply to
Ray O

I have the tech info as I susbscribe to alldata. What parts would you recommend I get for this procedure? Thanks

Reply to
Stude

I don't remember how many miles you have on the vehicle. If it is over

100,000, I would recommend a timing belt, and water pump, any gaskets related to the water pump, genuine Toyota coolant, and distilled water to dilute the coolant.
Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
Stude

You're welcome and good luck with the project! Let us know how it goes.

Reply to
Ray O