99 sienna boken sliding door handle

the outside handle on the sliding door of my 99 sienna just snapped in half. If I'm careful, I can still open the door, however, it's very dificult. I'd like to repair it myself if possible. Can anyone share advice on the degree of difficulty of this job? A few months ago I sucesfully replaced the rear door handle, it was about 5 on a scale of 1 - 10. I'd appreciate any advice.

Reply to
playtrumpet

It's no more difficult than replacing the rear handle. You need to remove the inner door panel (which is 2 or 3 screws), and you'll have plenty of access to the handle from in there. It's pretty straightforward.

Reply to
qslim

Sorry, I can't help, but I am interested in the answer, so please share it. I have a 2000 Sienna, and I also had to replace the rear door handle, so it is very much in the realm of possibility that my sliding door handle will break same as yours. Mine has the powered sliding door on the passenger side, and manual on driver side.

wingnut

Reply to
Wingnut

The handle for the sliding door will be roughly the same difficulty as the handle on the rear hatch. Remove the inner door panel, unsnap the linkage rods, unbolt the old handle, reverse the process.

Reply to
Ray O