aftermarket cruise control

Anybody have an aftermarket cruise control installed on their vehicle? I'm thinking about getting one added to my Corolla, but not if the aftermarket units aren't reliable or require a tremendous amount of work to add.

Anybody?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Ask your Toyota dealer what aftermarket cruise control they recommend, or try Audiovox.

Reply to
Ray O

After market CC is generally activated by vacuum. There should be no trouble installing that type of CC on any car.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I've seen too many of the aftermarket ones fail to work after a while. If you truly have to have one, I would suggest check on the warranty on them and perhaps purchase an extended warranty until the date you anticipate on keeping the car.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Sean Elkins opin'd thus:

Yes, I did. It worked like a champ until the car I installed it on was totally worn out.

I don't recall the brand of the cc, but the car was a '76 VW Rabbit.

-Don (REALLY liked that car!)

Reply to
Don Fearn

I got one at JC Whitneys 8 maybe 9 years ago. It still works like a champ. I put it on my mazda pickup. It's a manual so the installation was easy. For the speed sensor only one hook up of the wires to the tach and it holds the speed within a couple of miles/hour of the set speed. Used to have to glue magnets on the drive shafts and mount a sensor and run wires up to brain box, and a brake clutch switch, now there is no separate integrator, it's all in the control unit. I actually like it better than the factory cruise on my Toyota. It will retain the set memory and doesn't have to be reset every time I stop or drop below what ever speed it is that cancels the set speed on the Toyotas.

Reply to
Moe