(OT:) Mass man refuses fith tour in Iraq

I can't find a link to the story, but a Western Mass soldier is trying to refuse a fifth tour of duty in Iraq.

FIFTH tour?!?! Man, THREE is too many!! Give them a break!!!!

He's already made it in and out of there FOUR TIMES!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Time to rev up the draft......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't even joke about that, Scott.

Milton Friedman had already conclusively convinced everybody that that the draft is a form of slavery. This is why the US no longer has "selective service".

Reply to
Tegger

Hachiroku wrote in news:pan.2007.07.18.01.03.48.859442 @AE86.gts:

He's a volunteer, as are all US soldiers.

Once his tour is up, he can come home. The US no longer has "for the duration" or "selective service".

Reply to
Tegger

We really ought to start up the draft, that would put a quick end to Bush's war. Oh yea, guess who got drafted in 1998 and my daddy didn't get me out of it, he wouldn't if he could have.

Reply to
Moe

1998? Good Lord, that should have been 1968.
Reply to
Moe

I was drafted in 1961, but the draft notice arrived while I was in Navy 'Boot. They took care of that tune....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

We need a draft in this country. I mean, I respect this mans service but he is also the one continually signing back up for the military.

With that said, a draft helps in many areas. If we truly have to "protect" this nation then everyone should be accountable.

Reply to
Go Mavz

If things get desperate enough (as in active fighting on US soil) then we'll have one, Friedman be damned!

Reply to
Sean Elkins

In message news:ikfni.956$SM6.274@trnddc01, Go Mavz sprach forth the following:

Key words: THIS NATION. NOT Iraq. NOT Israel.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

LOL! I was gonna say, I signed up for the draft in 1975 and never got drafted!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, it was not a bad deal back in the Viet Nam era.

It made for some very interesting mixes of people.

The modern volunteer military is doing a fantastic job.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You want some of the rabid lefties in this group to be in the military and piss and moan like they do here?

I don't want them in the military. They could NOT even make it thru boot camp....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Tell us about your service!

Reply to
Roy

In message news:A_nni.2292$gC5.390@trnddc04, Go Mavz sprach forth the following:

If the US is to be bound to "international law" and force compliance with UN resolutions on a consistent basis, why don't you advocate bombing Israel into a pile of dust?

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Do the words 'Courts Martial' have any meaning to you? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Oh, yeah! He's trying to work around that.

Actually, I can't say I blame him; 4 tours and getting back is lucky enough, expecting to get back from the 5th unscathed is about the same as winning the Irish Sweeptakes...

Especially since Congress' latest antics have delayed the deployment of new IED impervious vehicles...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! I plonked him too, but I'm using a different system today, and there he is in all his glory(hole)...

Reply to
Hachiroku

The Dims and the lefty kooks just don't get it. There was an article in a local newspapers where they interviewed a solder that had completed several tours in Afghanistan. They asked him if he was afraid of dieing over there. He said; "I was there fighting over there for my family, friends and my country so we don't have to fight them here, I did not intend to die. I had more of a chance of dieing in Philadelphia. More men my age were killed there since the start of the war then the have died in the four years we have been fighting over there."

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why have you not enlisted to fight for your own freedom?

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter