Another Sludge Question

2000 Avalon I just received my sludge warranty notice from Toyota and got to thinking about this issue. Other than pulling the valve cover, is there any way to determine if an engine has sludge? My Avalon was a lease vehicle. The oil looked fine when I bought it in 2003 and I change it (Valvolene 5/30) every 3 to 5K miles. Thanks. jor
Reply to
jor

The only practical way to determine if an engine has sludge is to pull a valve cover.

Reply to
Ray O

yup- its not too difficult

Reply to
SoCalMike

Valve cover it is! That is, when the spirit move me. Thanks. jor

Reply to
jor

Unfortunately you may suffer because the oil may not have been changed until the lease ended.

Reply to
who