Avalon Door Lock Problem

Hello,

I have a 1998 Avalon and at first, the driver's side door (when locked via remote or button) would be slow to lock/unlock and eventually gave out all together. Ever since I have just been using the key to get in and hand locking it when getting out.

Now the problem has spread to the passenger door. Same symptoms same problems.

Anyone know about this / have this problem? The dealer wants over $500 to look at it - I say no way. This has to be a motor problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
rpillman