Buying a new Sienna on the Canadian west coast, does the dealer negotiate the price?

Looking at a couple of dealers, talking with the salemen, they are saying that the price is not negotiable. I've asked about the red tag low interest rate, an what if I pay cash, is there a reduction? The answer I'm getting is no!. The suggested price is the price that it sells for period.

Any comments?

Reply to
obob

Henry Kolesnik

Reply to
obob

Perhaps Ray can shed some light on this:

Back in the day, if you went to buy a Toyota, often there would be a looooong line of say, Corollas, and maybe 6 Camrys. Trying to buy a Camry? Better be willing to shell out full book, at least. But then the salesperson would bend over backwards to sell you a Corolla; free air (or at a greatley reduced price), radio upgrade; "I'll throw in an Auto tranny!" Why? Because they wanted Camrys! A dealership would order 6 Camrys and 8 Corollas, and receive 11 Corollas and 3 Camrys! And (supposedly, from a friend of mine) Toyota would tell them, "Get rid of the Corollas and we'll send you the rest of the Camrys. Why is that, you may ask. Because, Toyota overestimated the number of Corollas that would sell, and knew it could sell every Camry it made! So the Corollas would be Bargain-Basement. I picked up an '87 4-door with air, upgraded radio, upgraded interior, and a

5-speed (didn't want no auto...) for $7800 (with a $5000 trade in on a $3500 VW Jetta) on a car with a sticker of $13,890! The Camry was $16,480 period, and only $3800 for my $3500 trade in. I pretty much paid for a near full-boat Corolla what I would have paid for a stripper with absolutely NOTHING.

The Siennas are hot right now; we sell about one a day. (for a small dealer in Western Mass, this is pretty good...) Don't expect much of a bargain...

Reply to
hachiroku

Hachiroku has an excellent grasp of Toyota's allocation system! In a nutshell, that's it!

Reply to
Ray O

If you want to read about how many people have saved money while purchasing a Sienna, check out SiennaClub.org on the web. Basically if you have or have plans on buying a Sienna, this is the place to go.

I just purchased a Factory Order'd 05 LE AWD for $1K over dealer invoice (plus a $500 rebate). I also saved $1100 on a Premium Toyota TFS 100K miles/7 year warranty. Some people have gotten their Sienna's for invoice or even below -- alot depends on where you live and/or how much hassle in time, travel and aggravation you want to go thru.

Later.

Reply to
Private Person