camry 99 smoke

my car just stopped. Lots of smoke came from the hood and lots brownish fluid started coming out under the hood. I also heard rattling noise any advice on what the issue is greatly appreciated. The car is 99 camry with 80k miles . The shop did not have time to look as it is weekend

Thanks

Reply to
camry99

Find out where the fluid is coming from and what the rattling noise is. Then fix the problem(s).

My guess is the fluid is radiator fluid that needs to be changed and there is a bad hose or something that needs to be repaired.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

With the rattling coming from a spent water pump.

Actually, my first guess was the water pump went KABOOM and started spewing old, old antifreeze out.

Unfortunately, the OP didn't say what color the smoke was. Black or brown would probably be oil, white would probably be anitfreeze.

Reply to
Hachiroku