Corolla

Checked out the Consumer Reports April Auto issue reliability chart on the Corolla. It gives just an average rating for minor engine reliability for the 2003 , 2004 Corolla. Also the same for the fuel system. What problems are likely ? Need to know , because I want to replace my Tercel with something a little bigger.

Reply to
C Parker

I don't recall seeing any posts about engine or fuel problems with 2003 or

2004 Corollas here. What does CR say about the problems?
Reply to
Ray O

Don't know what the problems reported were. I have an '04 Corolla - no probs as of yet.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I've had a 2004 Matrix 2WD since new and it's been a joy...

Reply to
bobj

If CU is talking "minor engine " it's no big deal then. When they say average, that means half had no problems at all,

Chris

Reply to
C Parker

05 here.. No problemos here.. I just clicked over 50k miles about 20 minutes ago.. :/ I think the 1.8 liter is quite proven and reliable. It's been around a while. Just change the oil regular, "every 5k miles" and all should be well. I've has mine for a little over two years, starting with 24 k miles. Not a single problem with *anything* on the car. bang on wood.. I did have a little thing with a error code with the evap system, but that was my fault cuz I let the gas tank overflow about 3 days after I bought the car. Once that canister dried up, all was well again. I never had to repair anything, and the light has never come back on since it dried up. Moral.. *never* overfill the gas tank on a Toyota.. Bad mojo when the gas flows back down the drain lines and floods the canister.. But if it ever happens, just give it a long time to dry out and all should be well again. It can take a few weeks to dry, but it will depend on the season, temps, etc.. I did it in the winter, so it took longer to dry out than if it was the summer.
Reply to
nm5k