Corolla - 2003 - Serpetine Belt Replacement

My 2003 has 36K miles on it....however the service manual does not state when the serpentine belt should be replaced. I always thought every 30 or

50K miles the belt should be changed out.

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks....Regards, John

Reply to
John-USN

The maintenance schedule for the 2003 Corolla indicates that the drive belts should be inspected at 60,000 miles and every 15,000 miles thereafter. When Toyota says that something should be inspected, they mean that the inspected item should be replaced or adjusted as indicated by the inspection.

If you want peace of mind, just replace the serpentine belt at 60,000 miles.

Reply to
Ray O

Got it Ray----Thanks.....John

Reply to
John-USN

You're very welcome! And if the "USN" after your name means that you are or have served in the USN, THANK YOU!!!

Reply to
Ray O

Yep Ray....still active duty after 22 years.......Thanks for your kinds words........John

Reply to
John-USN

Thank you for serving us all those years!

Reply to
Ray O

I've got 113K miles on my 2003 and have had no issue with the the belt. Haven't changed the plugs yet either.

John-USN wrote:

Reply to
BM5680

Good God....113K on a 2003......that's a lot of driving.

What about the A/C filter under the glove box?

John

Reply to
John-USN

Yes, lots and lots of driving. I change the A/C filter whenever it looks dirty. I look at it about once a month and tap out the big stuff. For some reason that filter is hard to find at parts stores and is a bit pricey from the dealer.

John-USN wrote:

Reply to
BM5680

I've never looked at my AC filter.....how hard is it to get to??

Reply to
John-USN

The AC filter is usually located behind the glove box. Empty the glove box, and with it hanging in the open position, squeeze the left and right rear corners of the glove box so that the stoppers make it past the opening and the glove box will tilt all the way down. You should be able to see the air conditioning filter back there somewhere.

Reply to
Ray O

For models with no AC is there a filter ?

Reply to
NBnet

Good question. I have no idea.

Reply to