Corolla Front End Noise

Yep! (Except mine didn't turn out nearly as contextually funny & "off" - just sloppy...)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You still have time....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

OK...Replaced the passenger side wheel bearing today...

And the rotational noise is gone! It was indeed bad front wheel bearings.

The whole job ended up costing just under $300.00. And that's only because I replaced the ball joints while I had everything disassembled. I also had the machine shop put in new oil/dust seals while they were at it.

For those who are inhibited from doing this job, it truly is not that difficult. The hardest thing was getting the axle nut off - make sure you have a good breaker bar and a very long pipe to slip over it for leverage.

Also make sure you have enough cotter pins for the tie rods, ball joints, and the axle nut. Brake cleaner is also highly recommended for cleaning nuts, bolts, and everything else. Penetrating fluid is a must on all bolts/nuts (spray the axle nut the night before.)

Keep in mind $300 is not a bad price considering a mechanic would likely charge over $1,000 for this job. Plus you gain considerable knowledge and the comfort of knowing the job was done right.

Thank you again Ray and all those who posted their suggestions, and I hope someone can learn from my experience.

Cheers,

Tom

Reply to
SlyckTom

I should point out that was $300 for both sides...

Reply to
SlyckTom

Glad to hear that you solved the problem! Thank you for sharing your results so we can learn from them.

Reply to
Ray O