corolla wheel bearings

I need to replace the front wheel bearings (and probably the hubs as well) on my '96 Corolla. Can anyone point me to some step-by-step instructions or offer any advice on this job? I'm not a mechanic, but have managed to replace alternators, water pumps, timing chains, etc with a little advice. Just like to know what I'm in for before I get started. Thanks!

Reply to
Brian Faddis

Sorry I can't give you specifics, but you will need a press to press the old hub/bearing assy out, and then to press the new one in. DON'T attempt it if you don't have a press handy; the hubs for Corollas IIRC cost $69, and that was with an employee discount when I worked at CarQuest.

Reply to
Hachiroku

not a big deal but a press is needed also some other tools i suspect you may not have. remove the lower control arm with the knuckle intact. the steering rod can be unscrewed and therefore no taper joints need be uncoupled. hang the caliper, don't let it hang on the hose. good luck, sam

Reply to
SAMMM

For a daily or annual fee - I think the daily fee is $10/day you can access Toyota technical publications on line at

Ray O