Dodged a Bullet this Weekend

Literally. Islamists fired on Musharraf's plane but didn't bring it down.

Reply to
dh

Too bad they missed. It would've removed the friendly facade, revealing the skanks who are really pulling the strings in that country. Then, Rumsfeld would've had no good reason to stop what might've been a useful mission.

JoeSpareBedroom

Those who think Musharraf is a friend to the U.S., or efforts against terrorism, please contact me.

I've got ocean-front property in Mesa, Az. for sale.

Reply to
witfal

I assume you know that Bush allowed the sale of F-16s to Pakistan. Perfect for delivering nuclear weapons to its neighbors like India.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I did. Not that I think it shortened their "fuse", but why sell equipment like this to any third-world government?

Ridiculous.

Reply to
witfal

Put the puzzle together:

1) Golf game 2) Defense contractor 3) Campaign support
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Which makes Bush hardly unique. Loral's CEO was/is a Clinton buddy, and campaign contributor. They magically obtained permission to sell technology to the Chinese military which further "accurized" their ICBMs.

Now I wonder just where those puppies are pointed.

Reply to
witfal

....and the neocons like to complain about Clinton "giving away" secrets to the Chinese. Ha.

I have a prediction: One year after Castro dies, we'll have weapons systems installed there, and there'll be pictures of our leader and theirs eating fried plantains together.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow. An omitted vowel negated the facts.

That was awesome.

Reply to
witfal

The Mossad.

Reply to
witfal

So...tell me about this, the mossad. What is it, explain.

Reply to
dbu,.

I figure if you're gong to have person as the main character in your post, you can at least spell his name - which isn't all that unusual - correctly.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If it were someone who was owed a smidgeon of respect, I'd agree with you.

Reply to
witfal

or going. ;-)

to have person as the main character in your post,

I don't think respect for the individual really comes into it; unfortunately winds up reflecting on the poster, not the person about whom they're writing. IMO.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

They varied from day to day, but all were speculation. The last I read, there was no official cause of death entered on the death certificate. Strange stuff. The Mossad were accused of poisoning him, which gave rise to a conspiracy theory among the PA.

Reply to
witfal

Okay, then it's not me; from your other post, I thought that perhaps an actual & specific cause of death had been officially released.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but to beat a vowel to death regarding a far less common spelling of the name seems to be obsessing over minutiae.

We all slip up once in a while. Big deal.

Reply to
witfal

I'm not going anywhere with it. Just thought it odd that the name Raoul - when he was the focus of the posts - was spelled incorrectly.

but to beat a vowel to death

I ignored the first one - assuming it was a typo. But when the second post appeared with same person featured & with same spelling error, I didn't bite my tongue. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

The principle is no secret. An induction coil device is placed on or around the wire pair to be tapped. Amplification of the magnetic field produced by the voltage variances in the tapped line produce audio loud enough to be recorded.

There are numerous variations, some of which are classified.

If you have a voltohmeter and a magnet, make a small coil of copper wire and attach the two ends to your meter. On a low-volt scale setting, move the magnet rapidly through the coil and watch the meter jump. That's induction.

Reply to
witfal

That's why I didn't specify it. There were so many being thrown around at that time. Finally, it seemed everyone lost interest. I did.

I was content that he reached room temp. The cause was irrelevant.

Reply to
witfal