(OT:) And now! The Secret Revealed!

The REAL reason for the Concerts for a Climate in Crisis:

Why, it's the Warm Fuzzies, of course! If there's one thing Environuts and Democrats are excellent at, it's the Warm Fuzzies!

They gave an ENTIRE PLANET the Warm Fuzzies.

But the biggest, warmest fuzzy of all is the one Al Gore got.

Never mind "Street Cred", this was just another method of Gore to get "Carbon Cred". Never mind that he uses 10-12 TIMES the amount of energy as a family of four, he *CARES* about the planet! Look at what he organized.

The problem is, the Warm Fuzzies do about as much to reduce the actual POLLUTION on the planet as Carbon Credits do. Absolutely nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch.

And, do you think *all* of the people there were there to 'raise conciousness about a planet in distress'? Hell NO! Shoot, I would have gone to see the Foo Fighters! They put on a HELL of a show!

And I probably would have driven there in my Supra, you know, the one that just barely passed emissions testing. And since it's effectively a two seater, I would have had only one other person with me. The other members of the band could have gone in their truck.

So, Gore gets his "Carbon Cred"

We all get the Warm Fuzzies

The bands make money and get to travel and play all over the world (Jack Johnson played in Sydney AND New York)

And the Earth, effectively, gets a big, fat NOTHING! Except a dozen traffic jams all over the world, and an extra dose of energy usage for a complete 24 hours.

And everyone FEELS GOOD about it!!! YAY!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I feel great every time I fire up the 7.5 litre v8 in my 76 Grand Marquis that shares the proportions of a shipping crate and gets 9 mpg. Climate this, Gore.

Reply to
qslim

if the world get a big case of the warm and fuzzies good for them. I'm just glad Crowded House are back together, I missed me chance to see them 11 years ago, I might get a chance now.

Reply to
Nick Bourne

Al Gore, the one with the son with the Toyota that can do no wrong,

105 MPH in a Prius and protecting the environment.
Reply to
Moe

And I missed them! They played the Sydney show, and while I was up early, I didn't get the chance to hear them...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You have a Grand Marquis?!

Does it have the de Sade option?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Apparently the lights went out halfway through their set as the biofuel powered generator ran out of fuel.

Reply to
Nick Bourne

LOL! I worked at acompany that was entirely powered by Biodiesel. We only had a "Lights Out" maybe 3 times in a year...

Reply to
Hachiroku