Doing some research...seatbelt interlock.

OT - OT :

I guess I'm lucky. I'm alive and eye/forehead improving daily.

Someone that I didn't personally know but who lived not even a mile away from me died in Bush's war of lies for oil. He was a senior majoring in physics at the University of Missouri--Columbia. Lived at University Place, and died in an ambush.

What a friggin' waste. Impeach than summa pitch.

The worst trouble we had under Clinton was his trying to get head in the oval office from a willing partner. There's no comparison between the Head-loving Clinton and the Chicken Hawk Bush who purposefully hid in the National Guard during Vietnam and was once apparently a coke-head AND a drunk driver.

It's time the Senate and House grew some balls and impeached Bush. But what balls have they when even the Democrats voted for this immoral war. And why is it that the most outspoken Democratic opponent of the war, perhaps the fiercest opponent of the war, the great Senator Paul Wellstone of Minnesota, was killed in a plane crash on the eve of the war? Not exactly on the eve, but close to it.

Somehow, I'm not convinced Wellstone wasn't assassinated by that Houston oil mafia Bush represents. The same no-goods (along with L.B.J.) killed Kennedy in '63, and their cowardly successors may very well have eliminated Wellstone. I have no evidence for this, but would not be in the least surprised. Politics is dirty, dirtier than we know. "J.R. Ewing" was an innocent next to these dirty bastards.

It's time we impeached George Bush for his purposeful lying to the American people.

Reply to
Built_Well

It's time we kicked yo' Momma's ass for fornicating with those lunatic asylum inmates.

Reply to
Sharx35

I have never seen a seat belt fail that is properly fastened and has not been modified or damaged. I am defining "fail" as not functioning as designed. Seatbelts do have some stretch designed in and if the belt is pulled out for some reason, like if the wearer is reaching forward at the time of impact, it may not keep you from striking something.

A twist or two in the belt will not cause it to fail but it might give you a bruise where the twist is.

Reply to
Ray O

SharkX, you have a shallow understanding of politics.

Do more book reading and less tv watching. TV provides

you with simple illusions of "apparent democracy" and

you eat it up.

What democracy do we have when the vast

majority of Americans were opposed to the Iraq war, yet

we went to war? Is that democracy?

As far as I know though, no nation yet has

achieved democracy.

Reply to
Built_Well

How fast was your car traveling at the time of the accident? What hit you or what did you hit? Where did the other object come in contact with your car? If it was another car that was in motion, how fast was it going and in what direction relative to the motion of your car?

I've seen many deployed air bags and I've seen air bags deployed in demonstrations. I have never heard of an instance where an air bag was partially deployed. The nature of the device that deploys the air bag is such that it is an all or nothing event. Basically, in an accident, if at least 2 of the 3 deceleration sensors sense a crash that is mostly head-on at the front of the vehicle at a high enough speed, a circuit is closed, sending a voltage to the squib in the air bag. The easiest way to picture a squib is like the coils in an electric stove. When current is sent to the squib, the coil instantaneously heats up and a small explosive charge sitting on top of the squib ignites. The gas from the explosion fills the bag, forcing it past the cover. it is a very simple and redundant system, and I have never heard of any instance from any manufacturer where it failed to deploy under the proper parameters. If there is a problem with the air bag system, and icon will illuminate on the instrument panel to warn the driver to have it checked out.

If the air bag was supposed to deploy and for some reason did not, the steering wheel cover would appear untouched. It would not appear to be "partially deployed" or stuck.

Reply to
Ray O

No.

No.

Do they sell

No and yes. No to a product that is supposed to cushion the steering wheel. Yes to a product that will prevent you from striking the steering wheel in a crash where the air bag does not deploy - a properly fastened seat belt.

Drive safely!

Reply to
Ray O

I don't take gutless cowardly surrender monkeys like you seriously. Wusses like you don't deserve freedom.

Reply to
Sharx35

Support our troops. Bring them home.

Reply to
Built_Well

OT - OT

Support our troops. Jail George dubbya Bush.

Jail that unpatriotic liar and election stealer after impeachment.

Incidentally, let me stress that I only recommend acting peacefully. Violence is the refuge of the incompetent, after all.

So I only support Peaceful, Lawful means of dealing with our criminal president.

Reply to
Built_Well

OT - OT

Do you see how Houston's Congressional Representative Tom Delay is being prosecuted in Texas for criminal behavior.

Delay had to resign as House majority leader, though he's still currently in the House acting as Houston's Representative as the trial proceeds.

Delay is taking the fall for his fellow Texan Dubya. The Democrats ain't letting that entire Houston criminal gang off the hook--but if the Democrats had some real balls, they'd also impeach Dubya.

Reply to
Built_Well

Scott, judging from your last comments about "Bang, bang" I imagine you'll be receiving a knock on your door from the Secret Service or the F.B.I. any day now.

[chuckle]

They don't take kindly to the use of words like that so close to our Commander In Chief's name.

Remember the ABC/CBS/NBC News story a few years ago about "Carnivore," that small black box that the federal government has hooked up to all the ISPs in order to monitor internet traffic like emails, newsgroup postings, internet relay chat, etc., etc.? Well, I think you've been Carnivore'd there--red flagged.

[quiet laughter]

Good luck. And be safe. Just tell'em you were kidding.

Reply to
Built_Well

By the way, the ISPs didn't want that black box messing with their paying customers' traffic, but the federales forced the boxes on them.

Unconstitutional? Probably, since there's no court order naming each and every Amercian by name to be monitored, but that's exactly what's happening I suppose.

Reply to
Built_Well

Off Topic - OT - Off Topic

Yeah, the FBI and Secret Service are great federal agencies when they do what they're suppose to do: track down murderers, would-be killers and assassins, rapists, counterfeiters, etc. And for that, they should be commended and applauded.

But all too often they go astray by investigating Americans for nothing other than their political speech, opposition to war, and support of progressive policies.

They really need to stick to tracking down criminals and stay out of politics. We're not suppose to have a political police here in America, right?

Reply to
Built_Well

Sorry to hear there's nothing specific you can buy to soften your steering wheel. It would be another safety supplement.

Maybe I can fashion some kind of styrofoam thing-a-mi-jig, dunno.

Well, as always, don't get "Wyman'ed".

Don't let Wyman get you from the grave. Always use belts.

Reply to
Built_Well

There are padded steering wheel covers available as aftermarket accessories but they are marketed as style accessories or grip or comfort enhancements and not as a safety item. My guess is that one cannot add enough padding to the steering wheel to provide meaningful energy absorption and still have a diameter small enough for the average person's hand to grip.

For what it's worth, modern cars, including your car, have many standard safety features, including a collapsible steering column, shift lock interlock (if it is an automatic); neutral safety switch or clutch safety switch; door guard beams; tempered glass everywhere but the windshield; laminated safety glass for the windshield; front crumple zones; double hood catch; hooks to keep the hood from intruding into the passenger compartment; dual circuit brakes; breakaway rear view mirrors; child safety rear door locks; breakaway engine and transmission mounts and reinforced firewall that directs the engine/transmissions under the vehicle; air bags; seat belt warning light; padded dashboard; reinforced seatbacks; child seat anchors; head restraints; low brake fluid warning light; and more.

Reply to
Ray O