Drums off, do I replace them?

Turning bolts through the threaded holes did the trick... Now that I have the drums off they dont look bad. The pads are ready to be replaced but they have not worn the drums to bad. Do they still resurface drums? I had it done years ago...

The other issue is the rust. the drums have big chunks of rust that broke off when I was hitting it with a hammer. would this be a reason to buy new drums. or just clean them up and scrape away the rust?

TIA

Steve

Reply to
steve

It will probably cost you just as much to turn the drums as to put new ones on. I would go with new if you want to get it done today or tomorrow; if there is a machine shop (or an auto parts store with one) that can turn them, then ask which is cheaper.

Reply to
HachiRoku

If they aren't gouged or out of round - just take a wire brush on a drill and clean the rust off. Use emery paper/sand paper to take glase of inside. Paint out side with high heat paint.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Yes, they still resurface drums.

They have to measure the diameter first to see if they have been worn too much, but assuming they are not worn beyond the max diameter, they can turn them for about $10 each.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland