engine problems

Have a 92 celica Gt not getting a spark to the plug wires. Think it is the module,is there any way it can be checked without taking it to the dealership.Or is it something else and not the module,Any ideas.Thanks

Reply to
NU4LIFE

When you say that the car is not getting a spark to the plug wires, did you put an inductive pickup on each wire to confirm this? Did you check for spark at each spark plug?

How many miles are on the ignition wires? Are they OEM or aftermarket? How many miles are on the spark plugs? Are they OEM or aftermarket?

You will need a volt/ohm meter to check the igniter (what you call the module). If you google igniter, you should find several examples of instructions on doing this.

Reply to
Ray O

New plug wires from Napa,Bosch spark plugs,put the plug wire to a ground and check for spark all 4 of them.Put on a new rotor. Got the car for my son about 6 months ago,been running just fine ,been having battery troubles,took it to advanced auto tested battery it was good checked alt. it was bad .Put on new alt,still having battery problems,found out there was a draw,located it to the factory amp,unplug the amp the test light goes out.My son said he started it up it idled real fast kicked down went back and died , has not started since.

Reply to
NU4LIFE

Some netiquette: Leave the relevant parts of the previous post so that readers can remember or refer to the relevant information. I respond to quite a few posts and to be honest, I have no idea what year, model, mileage, or area the car is located in or what the problem was.

If you're the one that said that there was nothing traveling through the spark plug wires... Start by installing genuine Toyota plugs purchased at a Toyota dealer. You said you checked all 4 plugs for spark but did not post the results. Did none spark? Did you re-check the rotor?

Reply to
Ray O