Engine won't go over Transmission Shaft

OK!

Dad and I pulled the motor on mom's 1990 Toyota Corolla Wagon, 5 spd. , we were planning on Putting another motor into it, out of a 1990 Toyota Corolla Sedan, 5 spd. 4wheel drive, same type of engine, ((4AFE)) BUT, get it out, have to take the Intake Manifold off, and I notice somthing, there is an extra port, that the Manifold that's supposed to go on doesn't have, so It's Curse Swear, and put the old on back in (problem with old one, Valve Seals, but it's easier to change the engine then get the seals changed. lol)

The engine will not go back in, it gets snaged up on the Transmission or somwhere down there, the motor will turn the Transmission Shaft, but it will not slip on the rest of the way!!

Any Suggestions, or Ideas as to why it will not go on?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
72Capri

If it is a manual transmission then there is no direct connection to the transmission other than the clutch. Make sure the clutch plate is seated, also try depressing the clutch.

Reply to
Ray O

correct alignment left/right, up/down, back or front higher is the trick plus leave it in gear so that you can turn the engine and ensure the splines are engaged. if you had the clutch off did you realign it properly?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hey, just to let you know, dad got it on this morning!

Reply to
72Capri