Experts: Look at the photos where my A/C was stolen from

Several people have asked you to post photographs of the heat/AC controls inside the car, including the button labeled "AC". Why have you not done that?

And, I asked you about your call or visit to the police. You have not responded to that question. Please do so now.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, what did the police say about all this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oh my Jeff, we're in trouble. Oh Oh Oh...I just pee'd down both legs!!!

Reply to
Retired VIP

And what did the dealer come back with on the VIN?

Bill Putney

Amazing, isn't it? It's like the guy's got a hideous skin rash, so to find out what's wrong, he goes to a picture framing shop.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I did look at the captions and posted my opinions. Among the jobs I held during my 15 years working for the company that made your car, I spent a year working at the port of entry where AC's are installed in cars and was also a district service manager calling on dealerships, so I am fairly familiar with AC installations.

Reply to
Ray O

Arrrrgh! The lever controls the temp of free or forced air, and does not actuate the AC. We're not talkijng a Caprice here!

If you had AC, there would be a button on the heater control panel marked "AC". Period. NO BUTTON, NO AC! I had one of these cars. Mine had AC. it had a button.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I looked at all the captions - Here are my comments, caption by caption:

1) "This is the vacuum hose schematic, including at the bottom, a mention of the air conditioner." - I am sure the decal was standard for all cars with a particular emission spec, whether they had A/C or not. Doesn't prove anything 2) "This is my firewall ID, the main number didn't come out, but I don't know that the model might show something of evidence." - no comment. 3) "This is where the pipes used to be. The cable leads directly to the temperature control on the dash. Does this hose stuffed into a hose look factory to you? Under this is a can. " - Hard to see that anything is missing. The cable is the heater valve control cable. There is not a hose stuffed into a hose. There is a hose with an abrasion protection sleeve around it. Nothing in this picture indicates a missing A/C system. 4) No caption. - Seems to be a close-up of the carbon canister. Nothing unusual here. 5) "This is the front of the engine; the timing chain cover to the right. Notice the clean and silvery bolt hole where the A/C pipe coupling used to be attached." - I am not sure what you are trying to claim. I don't believe a pipe coupling was attached to this hole. Possibly it could have been used for a bracket, but why do you think there was ever anything there? The casting appears to be aluminum, which would be the reason it is still shiny. 6) "The A/C fuse hole is on the same row next to the round one on the right. It was taken." - Every car I have owned has had empty positions in the fuse holder(s). The lack of an A/C fuse proves nothing. 7) "These are the two bolt holes beside the alternator for the bracket that used to hold the compressor. I remember it well. I was looking for the power steering pump when I found it." - I can't make out much from the picture. But the presence of unused bolt holes proves nothing. And I though the A/C compressor on this car was mounted low down, not near the top. 8) "The pulley in the center is for the A/C. Notice how it is just beginning to rust from my degreasing of the engine last week. If it was exposed for 23 years, it would already be completely rusted." - Having an unused pulley grove proves nothing. If it had been unused for 23 years, it should have been painted. Likely you removed some of the paint when you degreased the engine. Notice how inconsistent the rust is? If the pulley had been used for many years there should have been a consistent worn area up slightly from the bottom of the pulley. I see no evidence of this. A significant portion of the wear area appears to still be painted. I would say this is a smoking gun picture that proves the car never had A/C. 9) "Notice the footing for the condenser beside the radiator. The radiator bracket on the side is not made for two but just for the radiator alone. But I wonder if it is original. How is the condenser designed to be held down?" - The condenser would have been mounted in front of the radiator. This is a picture of the back side of the radiator. 10) No caption. - What are you trying to show? 11) "Another shot of the area the A/C pipes used to be. The cable leading to the hinge, leads directly to the temperature setting on the dash." - As before the cable leading to the hinge is actually connected to the heater control valve. All looks well. On the left side of the picture I see a rubber plug covering the area where I believe the A/C evaporator connections would be located. It looks undisturbed. I'd say this is another smoking gun picture that proves the car never had A/C.

None of your pictures show anything unusual for a non-A/C car. Does your car have an "A/C" button on the dash?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

This guy isn't for real, you aren't going to get an answer to any questions about police, dealers, VIN's or anything else. That one statement at the top states it all. This guy is a sloven, fat teenage kid with pimples who sits in front of a computer with Internet access and boost his ego by getting people in newsgroups to respond to him.

I'd be willing to bet that he doesn't even own a car, might not even be old enough to drive.

Reply to
Retired VIP

Ed - Several of us have been over several (very possibly all) of the points you just made. Some of the advice (such as have a dealer pull up the VIN) goes totally ignored. Either someone beyond help or someone having some fun with us.

Bill Putney